A collaborative blog among students from Spain, Italy, France and Germany

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My favourite fairy

Hi ! I´m Aranza and I'll give you the answers to the mystery number 8 =)
I´m going to analize the six fairies of the animated cartoons knowed as the Winx.

* What are the names of the six female protagonists?
* Their names are: Bloom, Flora, Stella, Musa, Tecna and Layla.

* Why are they so called? Which are their atributs and fantastic powers?

FLORA: Being a lover of plants and nature, her room resembles a greenhouse. She has the power of nature


MUSA: In the Greek mitology is the muse of dance. She is depicted with a stringed musical instrument: a viola or a lyre.



STELLA: I am not sure the powers of stella and I find no reference


TECNA: Tecna is always logical and rational and had trouble expressing her emotions. Used to speaking with technical and intellectual conversation. She's smart and very skilled in technology and mathematics subjects.



BLOOM: I think the powers are fire, I´m not sure



LAYLA: seems like name is of Egyptian origin, meaning born at night.
and his skin is dark



* I think there are some criatures and characters related with greek mythology, isn’t it? Can you find them? In which way do you think they’ve already changed from their original features?
* There are some mythological characters such as:

the sirens--> that hypnotized people with their songs.the characteristics of the sirens in Greek mythology is similar to the sirens of the cartoons. The difference is that the sirens winx cast eye rays



Centaurs-->Centaurs Beings are half man and half horse living in wild nature, they feed on raw meat and hunt their prey with sticks and stones.
Compared to the ancient greek mythology, there is a difference between the centaur that appears in the series and the wellknowed centaur Chiron, the first was bad and the second was good.The Centaurs are best known for their fight with the Lapithae, caused by their attempt to carry off Hippodamia and the rest of the Lapith women, on the day of her marriage to Pirithous, king of the Lapithae, himself the son of Ixion. The strife among these cousins is a metaphor for the conflict between the lower appetites and civilized behavior in humankind.



the unicorn--> is a mythical animal protagonist of many stories and legends. In the Middle Ages was considered a fabulous animal that can defeat an elephant. Furthermore, it was said that with its single horn could purify contaminated water to make them drinkable.mixture over the goat Amalthea Mythological Pegasus led the unicorn




* Choose one of the legendary characters and make your own modern version. Tell me a little bit about her or his. You can write it, paint it or film the new story in order to publish it in my planet.
I´m not going to do this. I´m going to writte the begining of a history. I want you to continue it. I tell you later, don´t worry ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment